Saturday, February 15, 2014

It's hard to believe it's been nearly two years since I've posted here. But it was also hard to believe that it's been nearly four years since I fried chicken, which I realized last night when I retrieved my big jug of peanut oil from the basement and it had expired in 2012. So time really does fly or skid or super G and before you know it you're at the finish line - hopefully without too, too many regrets. I don't want not writing to be a regret. I've been waking up everyday lately with a high level of anxiety. And I can point to all kinds of external things as the source of that anxiety. But I wonder if that's a smokescreen for an anxiety that I'm not doing anything worthwhile with my life. Instead I worry about my job, my failure to exercise, the food that I ate yesterday and whether I'll be able to do better tomorrow. None of which really matters or changes, so I've eased into a groove that has left me uneasy. All because I don't have the courage - or grit - to put myself out there in written word. Instead of writing, I spent the afternoon - truly hours - reading about what to eat and do to look seven years younger, which - if attained - would mean what? So I say again, "here I am". And God willing tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow. And focused on more meaningful and fruitful pursuits.

No comments: